We have seen increasing e-commerce orders and also adopted visits by appointment only, to prevent overcrowding of visitors. At the same time, we observe the increasing number of bikes that are being booked and holding for uncollected bikes is getting hard to manage as customers are constraint to come down due to WFH or work commitments.
So w.e.f. 1 July, the branch in Yishun will be re-designated as a Service/Collection/eCommerce fulfilment location. Henderson will focus on bike viewing/demo/payment location. In addition, we are moving towards adopting more digital means for payments and collections.
So what has changed?
- More slots for basic install, half service and full service as we pool mechanics in one location at Yishun.
- You will no longer be able to do bike test riding and bike viewing at the Yishun branch.
- Henderson will only carry out Basic install.
What has not changed?
- All visits for services to both locations strictly by appointment.
- Collection of prepaid bikes continue to be available by booking at Yishun and Henderson.
- Yishun will continue to accept drop off/collection for bikes sent for agreed repairs, adjustment bookings and servicing.
- You can view the upgrade parts; chain, tires, racks, wheels
- You can view accessories that are enable you to be safe – lights, bell, phone holders, helmets, lubricants
- Henderson will no longer accept bookings for Half or Full service bookings. ONLY Basic installs/adjustments will be available.
- Payment via Paynow preferred instead of cash.
- Delivery service is S$35/bike to one location accessible by lift
Why the change?
For starters, we have been training a pool of bike installers and it makes sense to pool them for more efficient production and preparation of bikes. We have always designed Yishun as a location for this. This also makes the access to spares easier as it is now consolidated at one location. It also makes sense for us to pool all items for e-commerce closer to the warehouse.
We have plans to commence a bike builder program for our customers when the Covid situation improves. So watch this space.
To offer higher capacity to allowing viewing and test riding, we will have more bike advisers and a wider pool of demos at Henderson when booking opens.