We completed 2 Ride programs and Ride 3 is starting on 22 August and starts from Henderson.
These rides are meant to encourage more to get active. What better way than to jointly commit and to help those who are new to cycling and our PCNs through our Riding program. This is ideal for those who want to commit to 4 Saturdays of exercise!
Ride program: 4 Saturday mornings. (One time S$120 payable upon registration at the store for guests
who need a folding bike to ride on these Saturdays). 20-25 km speeds. Distances start at 16km and we aim for 40km distance on the last ride.
Who is suitable? For men and women who like to start doing some levels of aerobic/anaerobic exercise where you have short bursts of hard pedaling on Park Connectors. Ideally, we like our participants have a Heart Rate monitor to establish that you are working in the right zone: (220-your age) x 80%. Eg if you are 50, you should be seeing your Heart Rate not exceed 133.
1 x Kali Chakra helmet (it’s yours to keep after the ride for hygiene purpose)
Use of a store demo foldable bike for 4 sessions.
Max 3 for loan per group.
1) Get active outdoors for 3 hrs every Sat morning
2) Explore the PCN at comfortable 20-25 km/hr
3) Commit to complete 100km over 4 Saturdays
4) Start from MBS @Henderson at 8am. We push off at 815am
1. If I have my own helmet, is there any refund for the helmet?
Ans: No – we have designed this for those new to cycling and we would feel safer if you had a helmet that was certified and properly fitted. When you register and come down to pay, we will hand you your helmet.
2. Will I get any refunds if I stop after the first ride?
Ans: No, the fees are really to cover the helmet cost, use of the bike and the drink that we will pay for in those 4 rides.
3. If I do not complete the 4 rides, can I join the next group?
Ans: The design of these rides will provide you with the opportunity to discover the Park Connector Networks and the joy of cycling. You are encouraged to continue to keep riding but the designated bikes are for registered participants for that particular batch. We will try our best to accommodate your participation if you miss a scheduled ride.
4. What if weather is bad, does cancellation mean the ride count is forfeited?
Ans: No, we will count that ride as cancelled and we will “credit” that batch with 1 more ride.
5. If you are unwell or away, do we get credit for that missed ride?
Ans: No, we do not refund for such situations.
SIGN ME UP!