This is the last one before CarfreeSunday takes a break. My Bike Shop goes to July’s Car Free Sunday on 31 July. Join us at 7 am at Blk 51 Havelock Road MSCP 51 Café OR McDonald’s Bishan and we head into the Civic area. Find free parking at HDB Carparks. Participants will cycle from our rendezvous points to the Civic area. We will be giving out 15% discount vouchers for accessory purchases at our outlets to all participants. T&Cs apply.
COME, do not miss it as the next one will be only held in Oct 2016. READ what to expect when you attend the ride https://mybikeshopsg.com/2016/04/27/beating-red-lights-no-registration-fees-to-cycle-on-car-free-roads-and-a-chance-to-see-the-civic-district-up-front-and-personal/
And we will be donning our new shop jersey. Available for sale from 18 July onwards. RRP S$65. Available for sale at S$50 for ALL MBS Tuneup card holders, made by local company Yimage. We will be adopting the Red/Black theme as it will be then 9 days to our 51st National Day!
When we launched our new bike support policy, we laid out what most owners of new bikes would need – peace of mind that bike support will be there for basic services. We have now extended this card to benefit holders of these cards with:
- Additional 5% discount on accessories purchase
- 50% discount on labour for installation work, excluding basic and full servicing
- Priority RSVP to MBS workshops
- Applicable from 1 July 2016
Cannot be exchanged for cash
Cannot be combined with other promotions
Discounts cannot be applied on promotional items
RECAP of MBS Tuneups :
• Original parts on folding bike purchased at MBS, owned by the first owner.
• We carry out one about a month after you buy the bike*, and another any time you need it within the year.
• Covers brake and derailleur adjustments, hub, bottom bracket and headset adjustment
• Tighten any loose nuts and bolts.
• Any adjustments covered by the manufacturer’s warranty.
• Free 2 years inner tube replacement for 2 years from date of ownership for first owner based on original tire profile, subject to a maximum 12 inner tubes a year
• Must be booked via our online booking system Monday to Friday
• Proof of ownership will be original invoice and warranty card matching owner registration and loyalty card*
What is NOT included:
• Crash damage or user neglect or use outside the manufacturer’s recommended use
• Non-original parts and accessories.
• Labour cost to install new parts and accessories (except for brake pads and chains).
• Tire replacement due to road damage or neglect.
• User maintenance such as lubricating the chain and parts and proper tire inflation. But we’ll be happy to show you how to do these yourself.
Get TWO Disc brake 18 speed foldable bikes at S$1900. This makes these fantastic buys at only S$950. So grab a friend, someone who is thinking of owning a 18 speed foldable and head on down to our outlets. At this price, you still qualify to own a MBS Tuneup card
So it was a dual announcement – the start of works for the Round Island Route (RIR) and the Ang Mo Kio Model walking and Cycling Town Phase 1.
GOH is Prime Minister Mr Lee Hsien Loong and he was in good form. After his arrival and short interaction with residents and other SMS and Ministers from MOT and MND, he even waved to the residents at the block adjacent to the starting point of the ride.
We had our friends from Bicycl.Asia and Active Agers Asia to share their App and portal. Bicycl Asia wrote an article
We showcased folding bikes (Tyrell, Chedech, Tern, Bickerton, Dahon, Kiffy) for commuting, recreational cycling and cargo bikes. But the program was kept hush hush as the PM was coming so the ride ended at Ang Mo Kio and the start point here ended early.
We put together all the photos taken and while it was a very early start for the morning, the team and participants had fun.
The interaction with the residents was fun. Many did not realise that so many products are now available for them to consider.
Heard about Morpher folding helmet? Swifty kickscooters? Xbat self powering rear lights? RFM bags designed for today’s smart devices? The ever popular Tern 25kg Cargo rack and Tern Ride pocket …They will all be there! We added photos of these new bikes that will be showcased PLUS accessories and some photos of rides along the PCN.
No need to buy a non warrantied bike, at this promo price at our shop, you STILL get a 2 year new bike support and we have been doing Tern for as long as they have been around.
- The lightest bike in Tern collection at 9.6 kg (21.2 lb)
- Kinetix™ Pro X wheels with straight-pull spokes and smooth-rolling hubs
- SLX 11-36T 10 speed cassette paired with a 55T chainring for a wide gear range
- SRAM X9 rear derailleur and Mainstay Chain Guide for precise and reliable shifting
- Lightweight Tarsus™ hydroformed fork
- Folds compactly in 10 seconds for storage and transport
My Bike Shop outlets somehow always have nice cafes that are nearby, even at our first location that we moved out – Jalan Mas Puteh, the cafe W31 was the longest standing cafe that served great coffee and bakeries, and there was Different Taste.
When MBS Tres was opened, we are between to two F&B – Nobiro Japanese Restaurant and Bucktile Street Cafe. The quality of the Japanese food is really good and they offered convenience and proximity for hungry stomachs and Parking is FREE
With My BikeShop Too, located at Midview City, we are situated a stone’s throw from Rong Cheng Bak Kut Teh and
Imperial Treasure. Seems like F&B is never far from us. FREE Parking on Saturdays and 1st hour free on weekdays
At My Bike Shop newest location – 213 Henderson Rd, a new neighbour FUEL has set up shop. They are linked to Coffee Bandits (Mobile coffee and snack on a truck) and this place is cool. Serving western cuisine. The place has a nice friendly atmosphere. Parking is not free but the location is very close to the CBD. We will give you S$2 off your next cuppa at Fuel next door (They open 9am to 3pm), just grab that voucher slip from our Store IC – Denis Joe. Denis is now stationed at 213 Henderson and he has a new team of mechanics (Sumantrie and Yan) are supporting him for your bike needs.
We spoke to the owners and they are very down to earth folks and really taking the steps to have a fixed F&B along with their mobile food truck.
What are the MUST Try? Crispy Poach eggs and Pork Tacos. I must say the coffee is good.
The Dahon Jetstream D8 has come to the end of season. At My Bike Shop Tres, we have the remaining 2 units (NEW) and demos (2 units) for sale.
Fractured asphalt, ruts and potholes; sometimes you see them, sometimes you don’t. The Jetstream D8 flies over these urban imperfections safely and effortlessly. A full suspension system is taken to a new level with a sophisticated, fine-tuned fusion air shock system allowing you to have full cruising comfort for your ride. S$1500 secures.
Want a better front fork? Upgrade the front fork to a German A Kilo fork for only S$150. Demos available, fully warrantied for only S$1350
While stocks last
The Bickerton 1618, 18 speeds, built for city rides, park rides and comes fitted with disc brakes but priced for the enthusiasts who want value but want a 18 speed transmission. As with the siblings – 1306 , 1507. 1618 is now S$1900 for 2 units.
So hurry down to our outlets. This purchase still qualifies for our new bike support program.
Sounds too good to be true? No gimmicks. We are getting good feedback and reviews of RFM’s quality in design and stitching quality that we are going ahead with ranging new lines of cases that are designed for cycling.
Introducing – Manta.
The fact that it is IPX6 rated with a solid high class finishing receives top marks. Arriving in 2 weeks, we cannot wait to get our hands on them! Will fit Smartphones of up to 5.7 inch in size. The stabiliser pads secures the phone and will fit Note 4 and iPhone 6Plus. Quick and easy to install bracket for handlebars 25.4 to 32 mm
Wet weather? Perspiration? Spilled drinks? No worry, the Manta will keep your smartphone safe and dry.