My Bike Shop – Entering our 10th year – new bike support policy – MBS Tuneups
My Bike Shop (MBS) values your patronage and support that has enabled us a decade in the business of folding bikes. A folding bike purchased from us can be used well and for a long time as we stand by the quality of the brands of folding bikes that we range.
We have achieve a significant milestone dealing in folding bikes, thanks to everyone who made this happen! Buying from a local bike establishment means your bikes will have a support plan and the establishment is around to help you keep your bike at tip top shape for ride safety. As labour costs rise and labour is tight, we have been working towards ensuring our customers get the necessary bike support/services so we needed time to build this up.
It’s not getting easier and it alot goes behind the scenes to ensure that we have the necessary bike range supply, parts supply and knowledge and trained staff, but we sat down and we are going for it!
We are pleased to launch My Bike Shop – MBS Tuneups. If you discover a manufacturing defect that is covered by the manufacturer’s warranty, we will contact the manufacturer/distributor, and perform all replacement labour for free during the first 2 years of purchase. Shipping charges and local delivery charges may apply.
We stand by our effort and commitment to our products. We give every new bike a full tuneup during assembly including truing, and every bike we sell is eligible for a full year of free tuning to keep your bike running well. This is applicable for all bikes purchased since 1st Jan 2014.
What is covered in MBS Tuneups :
• Original parts on folding bike purchased at MBS, owned by the first owner.
• We carry out one about a month after you buy the bike*, and another any time you need it within the year.
• Covers brake and derailleur adjustments, hub, bottom bracket and headset adjustment
• Tighten any loose nuts and bolts.
• Any adjustments covered by the manufacturer’s warranty.
• Free 2 years inner tube replacement for 2 years from date of ownership for first owner based on original tire profile, subject to a maximum 12 inner tubes a year
• Must be booked via our online booking system Monday to Friday
• Proof of ownership will be original invoice and warranty card matching owner registration and loyalty card*
What is NOT included:
• Crash damage or user neglect or use outside the manufacturer’s recommended use
• Non-original parts and accessories.
• Labour cost to install new parts and accessories (except for brake pads and chains).
• Tire replacement due to road damage or neglect.
• User maintenance such as lubricating the chain and parts and proper tire inflation. But we’ll be happy to show you how to do these yourself.
*Why do we recommend a one month tuneup?
Every bike in the world experiences a mechanical run-in period. This means that the moving parts wear against each other and produce that last bit of adjustment before they settle into a stable relationship and fit for the rest of their working life. The length of the run-in period depends on extent of use, but is usually a month after the first use. This means the cables stretch, the wheels will need truing one more time, and bolts may vibrate loose. A tuneup shortly after the run-in period means you keep the mechanical parts in a good fit and avoid possible problems in the longer term.