After Mr Hirose’s last visit to My Bike Shop Too! in October 2012, many of us were left hanging amidst anticipation of the successor to the acclaimed Tyrell FX model.
So here we are, back to this topic again, but this time round we got the exclusive opportunity to view and even try out the new “Lethal Weapon” – Tyrell FSX! The exclusive launch was made possible thanks to Onesport Pte Ltd, who managed to secure the only one Tyrell FSX outside of Japan for Singapore.
The event started with Onesport giving us an introduction to their partnership with Tyrell Bikes Japan, we were also presented with the new range of Tyrell accessories such as the rear quick-release clamps, quick-release skewers in an assortment of eye-catching colours and quality finishings.
Not forgetting the Tyrell Race kits and Tyrell Tees are also available for purchase for all Tyrell fans out there! Their popular lightweight chain rings and bashguards, titanium seatposts and wheelsets (AM9, AF-1) are still among the stocked items in our stores!
The highlight of the event was the unveiling of the Tyrell FSX (of course!) and it was in the limited edition Lime Green/Yellow colour! This bike is not just an eye-candy, it comes spec’d with full SRAM Force group set, a full carbon monocoque fork and steerer (this alone cuts off 1 lb as compared to the FX fork), just to name a few. This is definitely Mr Hirose’s best answer to customers that wanted a bike that can go faster and further, but still fold as well as the FX. The Tyrell FSX weighs in at a modest 8.8kg (with double chain rings and drop bar setup).
Here is an overview of the improvements made on the FSX model:
1) Full Carbon Monocoque fork and steerer (improved vibration-dampening)
2) Front pin now sits flushed and is completely silent against the carbon monocoque fork (good-bye to rattling noises!)
3) All FSX will come with shims in the seat post (no more scratches on the seat post)
4) FSX comes fitted with the double chain captive.
5) Drop-bar with 55/44T chain rings.
6) Carbon head tube spacers
7) Internal cable-routing for a clean aerodynamic look
8) Tapered head tube with a larger 1.4” lower head tube for increased stiffness and stability.
9) Features new tube sets. Tear-drop shaped down tube (weight-saving) and triangular shaped top tube for increased ergonomics while carrying the bike.
Some innovations that we still see featured on the FSX and current models such as the CX, CSI and PK-1: Here is an overview of the improvements made on the FSX model:
1) X Slant Design- for ride quality and stiffness unlike any other bike
2) The folding joints run on bearings (uncommon on most folding bikes)- low friction, low wear rate, stronger joints and low maintenance.)
3) Double safety on each joint (pin and knob)
Our participants were also treated to test rides on the Tyrell FSX around the huge Midview City compound, Q&A sessions with representatives from Onesport Ptd Ltd, light refreshments for the evening and also a bird’s eye view of almost all of the Tyrell Accessories that we carry.
It was great to see familiar faces at this Tyrell FSX Launch, a very big Thank You for continuously supporting our events!
To all who missed this wonderful event, do not fret, our first batch of Tyrell FSX will arrive in mid May so you can still ride and experience the phenomenal Tyrell FSX in our outlets!
For any enquiries, feel free to contact My Bike Shop Too! @ Midview City (6694-1750) or My Bike Shop @ Jalan Mas Puteh (6775-7133).